My Journey

Friday, June 18, 2010

New Information

I'm probably a little slow on picking up this piece of information, but I've just learned that in order to lose 1 U.S. pound, you have to burn 3,500 more calories than you take in. So, since I just finished a 200-calorie workout, I've decided that today will be an all-liquid day with a ton of cardio and weights. I've gained back 2 1/2 pounds... Felt like a failure, but then I realized that I probably wasn't exercising and restricting enough. The depression makes it nearly impossible to restrict at times (last night I had waaaay too much cereal, which is my comfort food), but in the morning I feel better, because I stuck to my guns and didn't give in to temptation. Sometimes I feel as if my body's against me. Actually, I know my body's against me. It doesn't want me to have control over it. It wants to control me... The reason I'm straight edge is I can't stand for my body to be in control of me over my mind. I've discovered that it's not only controlled substances that take me out of control of my life, but also food and my eating habits. My body tells my brain what to do. I don't like that... It can't be like that anymore. It's got to be the other way around. I am going to tell my BODY what it needs and what it doesn't. Mama knows best... Best of luck, those of you who stumble accross this... Which would be a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment