My Journey

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Another Day

Today will be different than yesterday. Actually, TONIGHT will be different... Ugh. Stupid. Mui mucho stupido. Grandma-ma decided she was going to take my sister and I to lunch today. She chose Pizza Hut... Ugh... Pizza... My one and only surefire demise... I took the initiative to look up their menu nutrition, and what did I find out? I found out that what I would have ordered had almost TWICE the calories of my limit today! Crisis evaded! In your face, Pizza Hut! I got a one-trip salad bar instead of the pizza, and I hope my thighs will thank me for it. Let's calculate!

L - salad -
a. lettuce - 15
b. beets - 5
c. cucumber - 2.5
d. carrots - 15
e. cheese shreds - 18
f. grapes - 10
g. sunflower seeds - 55

TOTAL: 120.5

Yay! The sunflower seeds kinda killed the over-all barely there lunch I was going for, but it's all good. That means a little less than 300 calories for the rest of the day and I'm golden.

I just got back from the shortest walk EVER! Okay, it wasn't the shortest walk ever, but it was shorter than I wanted. I had planned to go for another 2 hour walk/run, but my grandmother had an appointment to get her nails done, so I had to watch my sister. I told Gilli that we were going to go to the park so I could run, and that she could play in the playground. She was totally cool with that, so I thought I was going to get done what I wanted to get done, and then this overwhelming feeling of guilt washed over me... I hated seeing her play by herself. I mean, she's almost 10 and all, but I still felt really, really bad. I did two miles, then told her we were going to go home. She seemed relieved, but I could also tell that she didn't want to upset me. She kept trying to convince me that she wasn't lonely, but I could tell she was... She really can be a sweet kid, when she's not busy being evil.

I'm going to do my "chores" for the day (half of which I already did yesterday). Step-monster makes a list every morning, and we comply. He just needs his thumb on top of me, that's all. Fuck him. Or, better yet, don't fuck him... He's kinda gross.

At least the chores will keep me burning calories and keep my brain busy from mentally eyeing the cereal we've got. I haven't had a normal bowl of cereal in ages. Let's keep it that way, shall we?

We shall. I've got weight to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment