My Journey

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Good Day!

It's not over yet, but today has been a great day. I haven't even wanted to eat all day. The only thing I've consumed is a glass of water, a green tea pill, and my new favorite thing, diet ginger ale. It's still early in the afternoon, but I've discovered a new way to cope with hunger, or how to forget that I even get hungry. This last week I've been house-sitting for some friends of ours who live down the street.They've got two teenage daughters, and one's in my year. So... I'm not exactly the most respectful house guest most times. I love to snoop. I like snooping through cosmetics, and drawers, and bathrooms, and kitchens... I was snooping through their daughter's sparsely-supplied bookshelf, and found a book that I had been meaning to read, but just have never bought it. It's called Skinny, I'm sure you've heard of it. I decided I'd nick it for the day... So, I did! I figured I could just about finish it if I read it everywhere I went between that time and the time they got home. I read it when I walked my sister to Art Camp, I read it walking to the school for registration, I read it during registration... Everything and everywhere. But, when I got home, I tried to sit on the couch and read it. I noticed I wasn't reading nearly as quickly, which wasn't good because I wanted to finish it before the people got home so I could return the book. So, I got up and paced. My reading speed got so much faster AND I was burning calories. Sounds awesome, right? It was. Know what's even better? It kept me from being hungry at all. I suppose being engrossed in a novel keeps me occupied.

I'm starting to feel pangs right now, though... It's because I had to return the book because they were on their way back. I almost finished it. About 70 more pages and it would have been done. I think I'll go to the bookstore and just read the last part I didn't get to. It was way engrossing. I "devoured" it. Tee hee. I'm going to find another book, and take it to the park with me. I read much better when I'm walking, it seems. We shall see. Man, I don't even want to eat. This is brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment