My Journey

Monday, September 27, 2010

Anyone Who Keeps the Ability to See Beauty Never Grows Old - Franz Kafka

I love that quote. I mean, I know it has a more metaphorical meaning, but I like to look at it like as long as I see somebody beautiful, thin, and childlike in the mirror, I'll never have to come to terms with growing up. As long as I look like Peter Pan I'll never have to become Wendy. Wendy scares me. Wendy becomes a woman.

Last night I decided to drink the last of the laxative tea so I could get an accurate weight this morning, and so far it's done nothing but cramp my stomach this morning. It's kind of ridiculous. It should have worked by now. I need to buy more today... This week is a fruit for breakfast, fruit for lunch, minimal dinner week! I'm excited. I bought some kiwis last night, and we've got apples and bananas. There are these smoothies I will buy and drink throughout the day every day. They're Hella expensive, but hey, they're better than getting fat from PB&J. They've got, like, 8 servings of fruit per bottle, and the bottles are huge, so it'd be like drinking all of my daily calories. I've got no qualms with that (as long as they taste good). For today's lunch I packed the kiwi, 1/2 of a banana, and some corn, but I'm throwing out the corn when I get to school, because I found out that the body doesn't like corn all that much... My mother said it's an allergen. I'll have to do some more research, but it can piss your body off and make you gain weight, I guess.

I hope you all have wonderful days. It looks like all of us are right back on track, and you guys are being such sweethearts. TTFN!

3 comments:

  1. good luck with your day. I hope there are no hiccups.

    My laxatives havent worked either.
    It is pissing me off.
    I took 15 in the end.

    It is bordering on ridiculous.
    That is 5 away from the whole pack.
    If I dont go I will have to take those.

    20 laxatives.
    not cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great quote! I also believe it is important to never quit learning, about whatever, yourself, life, knowledge in general.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never liked Wendy anyway. The Lost Boys seemed way more fun. I always thought there should have been Lost Girls, too.

    Gotta watch out for allergens. My body has recently started to reject all dairy...

    Hope you have an awesome week, luv!! xXx

    ReplyDelete