My Journey

Sunday, September 19, 2010

New Pretty Things!!!

Last night I went on a Borders binge. I rebought a copy of Wintergirls (since Jack chewed up my first one. Grrr....), bought a stainless steel water bottle with an adorable motif (which you will see soon), some pseudo-Bento boxes for school, an adorable 6-color pen, and... a journal, with the same motif as the water bottle. All of this is going to help me lose all this weight (again). The water bottle is so adorable that there's no way I won't drink water while I'm at school. The boxes are so I can pack small, cut-up food to eat during the day so I don't binge on unhealthy, fattening stuff when I get home. The pen is so I can color-code my weight-loss journey in my journal, which is obviously a weight-loss journal. I've done a ton of writing and system-making in it already, so I'm set for success. I've made a color system for my overall calories:
0 - 200 = good
200 - 500 = pretty good
500 - 800 = fair/acceptable
800 - 1,500 = bad
1,500 - +-2,000 = catastrophic
I've made a list of Cardinal Sins:
  • Ben and Jerry's (any kind)
  • Onion Rings

  • Soda (non-diet)
  • Sugar I add myself.

  • Doughnuts
  • Starbuck's sugary drinks
  • Cheeseburgers (fast food)
  • Fried Chicken
  • Bacon
  • Meat Fats (like on steak, chicken, pork, etc.)
  • Whole or 2% Milk
  • Potato Chips
  • Easy Mac
  • Butter
  • Cookies (more than one)
  • Cake and Pie (other than on holidays)
  • Sugary Juices
  • Snack Packs of Anything
  • Over-Portioned Cereal

And calorie charts of my favorite fruits and vegetables, so I can go to the store daily to pick them up to cut up for snack that day:

My Favorite Fruits

Apples - 1 medium - 72 - high in fiber.low in fat.high in sugar.

Bananas - 1 medium - 105 - high in Vitamin C, B6 and potassium.high in calories.high in sugar.

Kiwis - 1 medium - 46 - high in Vitamin C and fiber.high in sugar.

Oranges - 1 large - 62 - high in Vitamin C, thiamin, and fiber.high in sugar.


Peaches - 1 medium - 37 - high in fiber, niacin, potassium, and Vitamin A&C.high in sugar.


Plums - 1 medium - 36.5 - high in fiber and Vitamin A&C.high in sugar.


Pomegranate - 1 medium - 104 - high in potassium and Vitamin C.high in sugar.


My Favorite Vegetables


Broccoli - 20 - high in calcium, fiber, iron, manganese, magnesium, phosphorum, potassium, riboflavin, thiamin, and Vitamin A, B, and C.

Carrots - 35 - high in fiber, manganese, niacin, potassium, thiamin, and Vitamin A, B6, and C.high in sugar.

Celery - 5/stick - high in calcium, fiber, manganese, phosphorun, potassium, riboflavin, and Vitamin A, B6, and C.high in sugar and sodium.

Cucumber - 45 - high in calcium, fiber, iron, manganese, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, riboflavin, and Vitamin A, B6 and C.high in sugar.

Lettuce - 5 - high in calcium, fiber, manganese, magnesium, phosophorous, potassium, thiamin, and Vitamin A, B6 and C.high in sugar.

Corn - 60/cob - high in fiber, magnesium, phosphorous, thiamin, and Vitamin C.

Peas - 60 - high in fiber, iron, manganese, thiamin, and Vitamin A and C.high in sugar.

Aaaaaaaand... I'm in the process of making a point system based on the abstaintion from the Forbidden Foods. Phew. I'm drained. Time for some pictures (which are a total bitch to add).













Okay, that took entirely too long to do. Fucking formatting issues. Ah, well. Love you guys.

2 comments:

  1. Cute stuff! Good luck with your plan, looks like you have it laid out well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. somebody went shopping in paperchase, I LOVE those girl stationary things. I have been tempted to buy that notebnook myself, but resisted because I have a notebook journal, and I must try to stop replacing them when I have a bad day and want to wipe away my failures

    I love this post. tres rainbow chic. I really hope you are ok lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete